Thursday, March 2, 2017

Lentils with chard


The Pursuit of Yummy Food is back!

Last Monday I cooked this excellent recipe I got from the famous Spanish cook Carlos ArguiƱano:

https://www.hogarmania.com/cocina/recetas/legumbres/201410/lentejas-acelgas-26362.html

I started boiling 300 grams of lentils in a pot of hot water, and added salt, 1 leek and 1 carrot that I had chopped before. Once boiled for 30 minutes I took the leek and carrot and blended them with the hand blender, and added back to the lentils pot and added powder parsley.
Then I peeled and chopped a potato and 2 carrots, and 4 chard leaves, and boiled them all in salty water for 20 minutes. Later I added it all to the pot with the lentils.
In a separate pan I fried 3 sliced cloves of garlic, and then a chopped tomato and added half a spoon of cayenne pepper and parsley.
Finally I poured this last mix in the lentils pot and stirred it all, then I just served the yummy Chard lentil soup.


The result was simple yet nothing short of impressive: a vegetarian/vegan soup with enough substance and spice to not miss any meat in there. It will not be the last time that I cook this healthy lentil soup. ¡Que aproveche!


No comments:

Post a Comment