Saturday, July 2, 2022

Spaguetti with tomato sauce revisited

 When it comes to cooking traditional recipes I find it fascinating to revisit the most simple recipes and review step by step little tricks that can make them yummier. Yesterday I tried my version of this recipe by renowned Italian chef Carlo Cracco:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ1kuh0pZ_g

Ingredients:

- A package of quality spaghetti noodles (Rao's  or some other homemade brand)

- Extra virgin olive oil

- Water

- 12 cherry tomatoes

- A jar of quality tomato sauce (Organic Italian Herbs from Whole Foods, or a good Italian brand)

- Fresh basil

- 2 cloves of garlic

Preparation:

In a pan I poured a splash of Spanish extra virgin olive oil, and fried the 12 cherry tomatoes sliced until they were a little burnt on the flat side. 

In a pot I boiled the spaghetti noodles with salted water until they were al dente.  

In a pan I fried the tomato sauce in a splash of olive oil with some basil leaves and 2 cloves of garlic that I mashed with my hand. I let it get reduced until half (15 minutes) and sprinkled a little salt.

I poured the cherry tomatoes and the spaghetti in the pan with the tomato sauce and splash some water.

I served it in the plates with some thin cut basil leaves on top.

The result was impressive, two or three little tricks sufficed to make the dish so much yummier than usual! 

Buon appettito ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment