Monday, July 8, 2013

Gomes de Sá Style Cod

The Portuguese have hundreds of ways of preparing the cod, and it´s certainly a very generous fish when combined with different ingredients.
 
 
 
In a large pan with water I boiled 3 cod filets for 10 minutes. I set the cod on a plate.
To the boiling water I added some salt and a big potato and boiled it for 30 minutes. I roughly shredded the cod. I let the potatoes cool down, peeled them and cut them in thick slices. In a big pan I fried  in olive oil a big white onion and 2 cloves of garlic all chopped, with 3 bay leaves. I added the shredded cod and the potato slices and kept lightly frying for a little bit and added some salt and parsley. I served it on a platter adorned with 3 sliced boiled eggs, more parsley flakes and black olives, which gave the dish a more intense flavor.
 
Bom apetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment