Sunday, May 16, 2021

Yummiest shrimp rice paella



The other day I made this simple paella that turned out spectacular. 

In a paella pan I poured a little extra virgin olive oil from Estepa, Seville, and heated on medium. Then I stir fried half a bag of veggie blend (carrots, green peas, corn, green beans) and two big cloves of garlic, then I added two shoots of celery previously chopped. And then a little later I added about 17 Texas wild shrimp to the frying mixture. The aromas started to come out nicely. In a separate pan I boiled water and a package of chicken broth and poured it very hot into the paella where I previously poured a cup of Valencia rice. Then I sprinkled the Goya saffron mix, a little sea salt, and later a tiny bit more water. That's it, watching it for a while, about 45 minutes, controlling the temperatures, obtaining the lightly burnt crust at the bottom, and enjoying a flavorful result ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment