Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Anise muffins (Magdalenas anisadas)

One of the most popular and tastiest pastries: the muffins. I remember in my early childhood I loved the magdalenas de La Bella Easo, so spongy and delicious. I used this recipe from Sergio Fernández's TV show:
http://blogs.rtve.es/sabercocinar/2010/2/11/las-famosas-magdalenas--2
In a big bowl I put 180 grams of Icelandic butter and 180 grams of white sugar (about 0.8 cups), mixing all very well with a fork, then I added 3 eggs and 10 grams of yeast (eventually I used just 8 grams), kept mixing and finally I added 180 grams of all purpose flour (1.44 cups) and some anise seeds. I left it rest a little bit and filled the paper molds. In the end I set them in a tray which I put inside the oven preheated at 300 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes and then at 350 until they turned a little golden and toasted. They were so yummy I kept eating the magdalenas like that funny character in The Importance of Being Earnest. Good balanced result for being the first time I bake muffins: not too sweet but flavourful, perhaps next time I'll use a little more yeast since I'd love them puffy just like the Easo ones of my childhood...

No comments:

Post a Comment