Sunday, April 24, 2011

Apple blue cheese salad

This weekend I've been watching some episodes of Spanish great chef José Andrés' fun series on Spanish food, so I decided to make one of the easiest recipes (from Asturias) he explains: his Cabrales and Apple salad:
http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Made-in-Spain/103906/1678305439/Made-In-Spain---Food-for-the-Family/videos
I peeled a green apple, took out the seeds, sliced it and sprinkled it with an olive oil (3/4), cider vinegar (1/4), salt and pepper dressing. Then I sprinkled a little bit of blue cheese on it (I could not find the delicious Cabrales, so I used a Bleu D'Aubergne and Irish). To top it all I grated Marcona almonds which balanced the savoury result:
Here you go: a taste of Northern Celtic Spanish caves and woods melts in your mouth as you close your eyes, a green and natural savoury experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment