Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Asparagus with blue cheese bacon ribbons

Tonight for dinner, among other things, we had this delicious tapa I made which I discovered in one of our last trips to my hometown, Seville. My great friend Enrique invited us for dinner at his house and his wife Adela, who is an excellent cook, made it for us. I didn't remember exactly how it was, but I tried my best.
I roasted 4 green asparagus in the toaster oven (covered in tin foil with a little bit of olive oil and sea salt) for about 45 minutes and fried at low heat 3 pieces of bacon (Tyson brand) in a skillet. I drained the oil of the bacon setting it on a kitchen paper covered plate. On a plate I set the four asparagus and tied them in two pairs with the bacon. Then I sprinkled the knots with Bleu D'Aubergne Cheese (since I can't find Cabrales here). I put the plate in the microwave for about 24 seconds so the cheese would start to melt. And finally I served them and took this picture:
The simple combination of the three ingredients really makes a difference in your palate with nice crunchy and smooth textures to the bite. Thank you  Adela and Enrique (an extraordinarily talented poet too, read his blog: decimasysubsuelos.blogspot.com) for showing me this tapa in the hospitality of your home with your kids and jolly conviviality: sharing yumminess in friendship is what eating tapas is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment