Thursday, August 4, 2011

Pistachio ice cream

This is one of my favourite flavours for the summer. I like very much the one by Haagen Dazs. This time I decided to do it homemade myself. I followed roughly the recipe of Emeryl on the foodnetwork website:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/pistachio-ice-cream-recipe/index.html
So I grinded in a blender 1 cup of unsalted shelled roasted pistachios and 1/2 cup granulated sugar. I boiled in a saucepan 2 cups of whole milk, 1 cup of heavy whipping cream and 2 cups of half and half. I beat in a bowl 12 egg yolks and 1/2 cup granulated sugar. Then I added little by little 1 cup of the boiled mix in the bowl and then little by little I put it back together with the rest of the mix and heated it for 6 minutes. I added 1/2 teaspoon of almond extract and the pistachio mix. I refrigerated overnight and then I put it in the ice cream maker for 20 minutes:

Toasted green sweet flavour of summer...

No comments:

Post a Comment