Sunday, December 25, 2011

Brownies

For Christmas time I cooked this indulgent recipe of brownies which I got from the BBC website (http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/features/womans-hour/cooktheperfect/perfect/brownies/). I preheated the oven to 350 F. I lined a glass baking tray with parchment paper. In a double boiler I heated 225 grams (2 bars) of chopped dark chocolate with 150 grams (10.5 tbs) of unsalted butter. In a large bowl I beat with an electric hand mixer 3 eggs, 125 grams of sugar (0.4 cup) and 1 tablespoon of pure vanilla extract from Madagascar, then I added a pinch of sea salt, 50 grams of all-purpose flour and 100 grams (1.25 cup) of chopped pecan, mixing it all very well. Finally I poured in the chocolate-butter mixture, kept mixing everything together and adorned with whole pecans once I put it inside the glass baking tray. I put it in the preheated oven and left it there for about 23 minutes, checking it to make sure it was barely done, puffy and crusty in the outside but moist in the inside. I took it out, let it cool and cut it into pieces with a knife. Served with vanilla ice cream, it provided a sweet and delicious treat for the Christmas days. 






Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment