Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Chimichurri pork steaks

Listening to the tango rhythms of Argentina one evening I decided to make this dish of chimichurri sauce pork steaks. So I bought 4 little pork steaks at Buschs supermarket and grilled them in a pan with a tiny bit of olive oil, about 3 tablespoons. For the chimichurri sauce I bought this spice bag at World Market:
http://www.worldmarket.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11500210
for just two bucks. In a small glass I poured a little bit of olive oil, about a third of it of Sherry vinegar and 2 tablespoons of the chimichurri sauce flakes. The ingredients of the spice bag, by the way, were: garlic, parsley, oregano and sweet pepper flakes (maybe next time I'll prepare the mix myself). Once the steaks were golden brown, medium rare, I took them off the pan and to the plates and sprinkled them with the sauce helped with a teaspoon. I accompanied the dish with some sweet potato fries, which I fried in olive oil and sprinkled with sea salt. I'm not eating that much red meat lately, so the taste to my mouth was like heaven, wow, I felt like a gaucho in the middle of the pampa, haha. I had an excellent red wine to go with it: I should've chosen a Mendoza or something but I had a good old Rioja (Lan brand) this time, which can never go wrong.


No comments:

Post a Comment