Friday, July 1, 2011

Cold soup shrimp garnishing

One evening last week I made this interesting garnishing for my ajoblanco (almond cold soup, to which I added this time macadamia nuts). I took it from this recipe of salmorejo which is accompanied by these greens and shrimp:
http://blogs.canalsur.es/cometelo/2011/06/01/salmorejo/
Frist I made the almond soup. Then I sauteed a chopped red onion in a pan with very little olive oil. I added to the pan a chopped red bell pepper, 100 grams of shrimp peeled and chopped, kept frying and I poured in a small glass of amontillado wine, making some smoke evaporate with heavenly scents. In a separate bowl I layed a boiled egg, peeled and chopped with fresh parsley, mixing it all and poured the sautee of the pan inside the bowl. I sprinkled olive oil, salt and pepper and whiked it all. I served some inside the soup, some in a separate plate. The contrast of cold soup and hot garnish was delicious, but even more so the next day the garnishing when it turned cold. An astonishing achievement of mixed flavours.
Very Andalusian!

No comments:

Post a Comment