Friday, July 22, 2011

Butter pecan ice cream

In a skillet I melted 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter with 1 cup of pecans and a tablespoon of salt, cooking it all for 8 minutes on a medium to low heat. I then strained the pecans and reserved them, letting then chill and then get cold in the refrigerator. In a big bowl I whisked 3/4 of a cup of granulated sugar, a pinch of salt and 1 cup of whole milk. Then I stirred in 2 cups of heavy cream and 1 tablespoon of imitation vanilla. I covered it with a red plastic film and placed the bowl in the refrigerator for 2 hours. After that I poured the milky mix in the ice cream maker letting it roll for 15 minutes and finally I started adding the pecans for 5 more minutes while thickening in the rounding spin.
http://www.cuisinart.com/share/pdf/manuals/ice-21_recipe.pdf
It's another easy recipe from the ice cream maker manual, with small changes, that turned out absolutely delicious again, and even more so when I let it steep one more day in the refrigerator and all the flavours came together in creamy sweetness. Perfect to be enjoyed with Belgian waffles as ice cream sandwiches or just with the dainty silver spoon to sink in!

No comments:

Post a Comment