Sunday, March 13, 2011

Catalan spinach

sautésaltear vt
sautésofreir
sautésaltear vt
sautésofreir

Usually I prefer making the spinach with garbanzo dish "mi abuela" style, but when I have little time to cook, I just boil a package of spinach and drain them. I sauté in olive oil half a white onion, pine nuts and raisins. I add salt and the spinach to the pan to fry the whole thing lightly and serve it:
The first time I tried it was in Barcelona, at the university cafeteria and I loved it: it has a nice balance and mixture of salty and sweet flavors. You can also substitute the ingredients using for example instead of pine nuts, hazelnuts or walnuts and cherries instead of raisings, add garlic, or whatever you want and even serve it accompanied with a fried egg. Besides it looks healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment