Sunday, March 13, 2011

Guacamole

The way I make it: I cut a ripe avocado (jade color) in half and get the bone out. With a long spoon I eviscerate the whole green pulp and lay it in a bowl where I press it with a fork. I add a sliced ripe tomato, a little bit of onion (red or white), a clove of garlic, a little bit of onion, fresh cilantro, a splash of Spanish olive oil, a trickle of lemon juice, some drops of Tabasco sauce, sea salt and mix it all up with the fork, pressing it again and again. I serve it with corn chips in the same bowl:
It's a great hors d'oeuvre. I love Mexican cuisine: it's so flavourful, spicy, traditional and authentic. I have to do more research to improve the recipe every time so that it's closer to the tasty varieties they serve in Texas and Mexico.

No comments:

Post a Comment