Monday, March 7, 2011

Rice with mushrooms

Las week one night for dinner I tried to make this recipe of rice with mushrooms from the famous cook, "my friend", Bruno Oteiza:
http://www.hogarutil.com/Cocina/Recetario/Legumbres-cereales/Arroz+con+champi%C3%B1ones
Basically what I did was lightly frying a chopped onion in olive oil in a big paella pan, add a couple of slices of bacon, the mushrooms previously washed and sliced, then the cup of paella rice (Calasparra). After a while I added 2 and a 1/2 cups of water, salt and pepper, cooking it for 20 minutes. I made the first mayonnaise taking a handful of frozen spinach, boiling it, then drained it, and put it in a blender with an egg, a sliced clove of garlic and a little bit of olive oil. I blended the mixture with a pinch of salt. To adorn the dish I made a second mayonnaise (an addition of my own) with an egg, apple vinegar and a pinch of Sherry vinegar, and then blended all with the pinch of salt and sunflower oil. Finally I slowly fried in olive oil a couple of green peppers cut in julienne to put on top of the dish. The presentation was like this:
It was simple to make and tasty. The only problem is that really you have to downsize the amount of ingredients because otherwise you end up with too much of the same dish and have to eat it again and again at least for a week. It would be nice to have a large family with a lot of efficient eaters ; ) Mishé liked the white mayonnaise better, perhaps because of the kind of oil used and the combination of vinegars. It's one of the first times I've made a simpler rice dish without saffron. Some day I have to try and make a big classic seafood paella with my friend Luis.

No comments:

Post a Comment