Tuesday, March 1, 2011

"My" Michigan Salad

In many restaurants here in Michigan they serve a yummy salad called the Michigan salad with blueish cheese, walnuts or pecans, dried Traverse City cherries and of course... lettuce. This is my version I made for dinner a couple days ago, which I serve occasionally:
I put lettuce, walnuts, dried cherries from Traverse City and Greek feta cheese (Mount Vikos), very creamy and delicious which I buy at the Food Coop and I find it superb. The dressing I use is something like 6 tea spoons of Spanish olive oil, 2 of Sherry vinegar and half a spoon of French Dijon moustard Grey Poupon. It really gives it a little bit of punch, makes it more flavourful. The key to a good tasty salad I find it's the balance between ingredients of exceptional quality like these.

No comments:

Post a Comment