Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Dark chocolate ice cream

Rummaging around the house I found a wedding present from 6 years ago: a Cuisinart ice cream maker whose existence had almost fallen into oblivion. So I pulled this recipe from the website of the brand and tried to make ice cream for the first time. The ingredients I mixed and whisked in a medium size bowl were: 1 cup of special dark Hersheys cocoa powder, 1/3 cup dark brown sugar, a pinch of sea salt, 1 cup whole milk, 2 cups of heavy whipping cream, 1 cup of granulated sugar and a tablespoon of imitation vanilla. I stirred everything together, covered the bowl and set it in the refrigerator for a couple of hours. I assembled the ice cream maker and poured in it the content of the bowl, switching it on. I let it mix for 45 minutes until the ice cream gained air and consistency and then I put the container of the maker inside the freezer for 2 hours. And that was it, I only had to take it out 15 minutes before serving. Being a little bit of a guilty pleasure I tried to healthify it with half banana and seven green grapes per serving, ha, ha. Pure dark yumminess.
PS: It was funny how gothic we looked while eating it, how hilariously spooky with our dark lips from the extra dark chocolate, we looked like vampires drooling bloody ink from the corner of our mouths.

No comments:

Post a Comment