Friday, June 10, 2011

Eggplant-tomato ships with Camembert cargo

Tonight for dinner I cooked this tasty tapa for my niece Willow and, of course, for Michelle and myself. I took it from the excellent book The Best 100 Tapas, by Esperanza Luca de Tena, which features easy to make little dishes with a clear Southern Spanish colour.
I took a medium size eggplant, peeled it and sliced it quite thin. Then I soaked the slices in salty water for ten minutes. I heated in a pot a can of tomato sauce. Then I rinsed the slices, battered them in flour and fried them in a pan with very hot olive oil from Córdoba. After that I put them in a plate, set the tomato sauce on top with a spoon, then slices of finely cut Camembert cheese over it and I sprinkled on top the delicately aromatic oregano leaves. It gets cold quite fast, so either you eat them quickly or nuke it in the microwave before eating for about 17 seconds. It just melts in your mouth, it has full taste and it's rather light to enjoy for dinner. With ships like these it's a pleasure to sail!

No comments:

Post a Comment