Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Sesame Asparagus and Broccoli

I would have never imagined I was going to cook Chinese food, which I love to eat, but being a little different from Spanish cooking, I doubt I would have ever given it a try, because I would be too nervous about doing a bad job. But I had some asparagus, ginger, shallots, and other leftover ingredients I wanted to use, so I googled the word recipe by those words and here it came up this one recipe among other results:
http://www.asparagusrecipes.net/print/sesame-asparagus.pdf
It seemed easy to cook and I only lacked the lime juice, which I substituted with lemon juice, the sesame oil, instead of which I used sunflower oil and an extra tablespoon of sesame seeds, and bean sprouts, which I replaced with broccoli. For a start I set all the ingredients around in small cups. In a a big flat skillet I heated 3 tablespoons of sunflower oil over high heat, added 1/2 cup of white asparagus (previously boiled and sliced), 2 tablespoons of sesame seeds, 1 tablespoon of crystalized ginger root, 1 tablespoon of minced garlic, 1 tablespoon of minced shallot, 1 tablespoon of minced garlic. Then I cooked them for a minute or two, with lots of smoke coming out. Then I added the chopped broccolis (1 cup) and 1/2 cup of red bell pepper, stirring it all for another minute, added 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of soy sauce, letting the juices and spices come together. And I served it immediately to fully savor it.

The result was nothing short of spectacular. Next time I'll add shrimp or something, it was simply fantastic, what a delicious Chinese treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment