Thursday, June 16, 2011

Dulce de leche Ice Cream

For dessert I made this ice cream as a tribute to this national Argertinian treasure. I mixed in a pot about 400 grams of dulce de leche "La Salamandra" with about half a litre of whole milk and took it almost to a boil while mixing it all with a wooden spoon. I whipped in a large bowl about 250 ml of heavy cream and when the content of the pot cooled off, I poured the cream in it and mixed it all together for a while. I set it in the refrigerator for 2 hours well covered and then poured it in the ice cream maker, which I switched on and let it go round and round for about 45 minutes. Finally I let sit the ice cream in the freezer for another couple of hours, taking it out 15 minutes before indulging in the decadence of closing our eyes and imagining us bohemianly walking through the romantic streets and neighborhoodds of Buenos Aires, sitting in a literary cafe with inspiring pictures or daydreaming with the very sweetness of love raining from the flowered balconies...

No comments:

Post a Comment