Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Strawberry ice cream

Following the recipe of the ice cream machine (http://www.cuisinart.com/share/pdf/manuals/ice-21_recipe.pdf) I put into a bowl 1 and 1/2 cups of hulled strawberries and I lightly chopped them in a blender. Then I whisked in a medium bowl 2/3 of a cup of whole milk, 1/3 of a cup of granulated sugar and a pinch of sea salt, until the sugar was dissolved. Then I stirred in it 1 and 1/2 cups of heavy cream and 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of imitation vanilla. Then I stirred in the aforementioned strawberries and refrigerated the mix for 2 hours. I took it out and poured the mix in the ice cream maker turning it on for 20 minutes until it thickened. I refrigerated it for 3 hours and took it out 15 minutes before eating. It turned out as one of the most delicious strawberry ice creams I've ever tasted in my life. I could only compare it to the strawberry milkshakes my mother made us when we were kids, or to the Alicante or Valencia ice creams or to the El Raya ice creams from Seville or slightly similar to the Cold Stone ice creams of the USA. I adorned it with strawberries. Smooth and gorgeous, definitely the best ice cream I've made so far.


No comments:

Post a Comment