Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Tuna and cucumber sandwich

Last weekend I made this simple sandwich which turned out pretty good: First I toasted the yummy sesame seed bread ($1/loaf) from the Cottage Inn restaurant in A2. Then I mixed a can of tuna in olive oil, mayonnaise, chopped cucumber and white onion in a bowl, pressing and whisking it all together. Then I spread the mix in one of the toasts and on the other I sprinkled Spanish olive oil and I put a slice of tomato. I put both halves together and served the sandwich with sweet potato fries (fried in sunflower oil) with sea salt. It was crunchy and surprisingly well balanced, a tasty simple dinner for nightly enjoyment.
My eater number one (my wife Mishi) and eater number two (my visiting niece Willow) loved them "bocadillos" ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment